Monday, January 2, 2012

Well here I sit with my feet on the table and the laptop on my lap. Where else? It's been a busy and rewarding day. One of those where you feel you can acutally say you did something.

The cat is storing up energy on the new mattress top in the forward berth and I can actually see places in the boat that have been covered up by stuff for the last year. I've got John Prine on the speakers and am contemplating something to drink.

I've got work tomorrow and that means an early night. This 'early to bed and early to rise' stuff can be a pain sometimes.

I spent the time driving to and from Florida making some decisions. Things like; I'm going to eat less of everything and sugar in particular; I'll make a point of meditating at least once a day; To think more positively and spend at least six hours a month sailing. You know, actually taking the boat into the bay! I sat at the coffee shop writing these and several more plans down to print out and keep near the door and maybe at work. I'm a list kinda guy but never to this extent. We'll see if it works.

By this time next year I plan to have the boat ready to go. That's a pretty big step so I may let myself slip on the schedule by a few months. Frankly, I'm tired of waiting and letting myself off of various hooks. That's another of the habits to break. Time is just too short to play that game any more.

I hope you're motivated to something similar. Stop waiting for something better to happen and put out the effort to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment