Monday, April 22, 2013

Be Ready To Pay The Crew

After tightening this and topping off that, I finally took the boat away from the dock yesterday. Two of my neighbors agreed to go along for the ride. There was much conversation about how cheap I was (hey! I never said we’d go TO the restaurant, just by it).

I offered lunch from the refrigerator but when they found it was full of veggies and humus, they turned up their noses and demanded I take them somewhere with proper food next time. Lesson learned: either plan lunch ahead or don’t invite the neighbors.

Hmm. Maybe a burger stop isn’t such a bad idea after all.

That’s okay. Leaving the dock wasn’t so bad. It was the getting back that was tough. The wind blows from the east. I have a boat on my downwind side. That makes returning kinda tough. Having the extra deck hands helped.

So the boat ran well and the company kept the trip from getting too quiet. Maybe I’ll do it again today when I get home from work.
Yep. Just might do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment