Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Clock is Ticking


I’m still counting the days.

The wind vane installation is going slowly. The fabricator has delivered the mounting parts but the fellow I have preparing the transom is taking his time. Well, that, and the weather isn’t cooperating. The boarding ladder had to be removed in order to fit the mounting bracket. I called on the fiberglass guy to come fill the holes and clean up the paint and now I have one coat of gelcoat in place and am hoping for a clear weather window for him to finish the job.

Once done, it’s off to the races to get the steering gear set up and dialed in.

I am getting so much support from neighbors. Three have loaned me books and travel guides to help with the trip planning. One has given me a copy of his trip log to Florida to use as a guide. Everyone is really enthusiastic and cheering me on.

I, on the other hand, am feeling a bit unsure about this whole thing. I’m not sure why but I’m becoming apprehensive. I suppose it’s the whole “journey into the unknown” thing but it has me bugged. I’m putting it down to “normal jitters about big changes” and moving forward.

This is what I’m going with: Here I’m living in the known world and no longer happy with it. Out there I’ll be experiencing new things and seeing new stuff and people. I really do believe it will be for the best. And hey; If I don’t like it I can reinsert myself into this place and try something else.
But I’m really rooting for liking it and continuing the project. I don’t know how long I’ve got. Do you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment