Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Deed is Done

I’ve given notice at work. At first my boss was tentative. His concern was that I was going to a competitor. There’s all that do-I-try-to-outbid-the-other-place-to-keep-him talk. I cut that conversation short by telling him my plan of sailing for a year. He visibly relaxed and expressed his envy. With a child in college and all of the expenses he couldn’t even think about a long vacation much less taking off for a year.
 
He’s a gracious loser. No way can he compete with floating about in a sailboat in the Florida Keys or the Bahamas. 
 
I mean, it’s a nice company but be real.
 
So now the next phase of the plan begins. I’ll be spending time doing final checks on the boat and then taking off for points unknown.
I've had so many people support me on this project. I can't thank them enough. It is truly a new beginning for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment